Wednesday 26 November 2014

Perfect!

So glad I held off to find that perfect backing for Alex's quilt! The kids and I are enjoying a get-away to Canberra... catch ups with lovely friends from when I used to live here, and of course visits to my favourite quilting/craft shops that are here. In one of those stores I came across a new fabric range that I just couldn't go past...



"A Boys' Story" by Anni Downs. Yep, exactly the same designer and name of the quilt I've just made.  The colours match those I chose for Alex's quilt perfectly, and with the designs also matching, it was just to perfect to resist. The green with blue print at the bottom of the picture is also part of the range and I thought would look quite nice as the binding, so I grabbed it while I could. I don't have access to a sewing machine at the moment and the backing will require joining, so it seems I'll still have to wait a bit before I can advance any further with this quilt.

Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment