Monday 10 November 2014

Motivation equals progress

Isn't it amazing the amount of motivation that seems to come over you when a project is really coming together?! Over the weekend I found myself picking up my stitching at every opportunity to complete the applique I needed for the final block of Alex's quilt ("A Boy's Story" designed by Anni Downs)... On Sunday afternoon I had it done!


Then I set to work on an appliqued rocket ship I'd forgotten to do on the side of the central block. By Monday morning it was stitched down and I excitedly got out all the blocks and started to sew them together...


The finished quilt top is bigger than I was expecting, taking up the entire top of my couch (which pulls out to a bed). It measures 138cm x 175cm (which happens to be exactly the size the pattern says it should be... funny that it's size came as a surprise to me!).

 
I'm really happy with how it's come together. Today I headed out in search for some suitable backing fabric but after visiting three local fabric shops haven't found anything that 'spoke' to me. I'm heading to mainland Australia in a couple of weeks so will look in the some of the bigger quilting stores while I'm there. It's proving to be quite frustrating to be stalled with this project now - I'm so eager to keep it moving along! 

Now to decide what to stitch until I can progress this one again... 

Until next time xx


2 comments: