Friday 3 January 2014

Hello 2014!

Happy new year! So happy to welcome in this year, new beginnings, a fresh outlook… Outside of my craft room, my new years resolutions/goals include toilet training Alex, getting my career back on track, and finding a good work/life balance enabling me to spend as much quality time with Alex and Sofia as possible (while also finding some time to stitch of course!).


Within the craft room, there's so much I want to do, lots of projects just calling my name… but also so many unfinished projects (UFOs) that are begging some attention. Overall, I was able to keep to my last year's resolution of 'working on at least two UFOs before starting something new' throughout 2013. I said at the time that I thought this would be an achievable goal, and it proved to be just that. So this year  I want to step it up… work on at least FOUR old projects before starting something new. But I'm going to give myself two exceptions to the rule: finishing a UFO gives right to a new start, and gifts for special occasions allow for a new start.

But wait, there's more! All up last year, I had 9 finishes (see my new page, 'finished projects 2013' for the complete summary) with three of those being projects I started in 2012 or earlier. I know my nine finishes is very modest but I'm happy with it - especially with everything that happened, and all the changes in my life that occurred last year. This year I imagine is going to be just as busy so I'd be happy with a similar number of finishes. So, part 2 of my sewing resolution/goal for 2014: finish at least 10 projects, with at least 4 being projects started in 2013 or earlier. I'll be adding a page to the top of this blog with a list of my already started projects. The list is a bit scary… fingers crossed I can tick a few off over the coming months!

What are your resolutions/goals for 2014?

Until next time xx

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your resolutions. I should join you in finishing some old things before starting new ones. I have so many stitched things waiting to be made up! Have a lovely time with those gorgeous little ones.

    ReplyDelete