Friday 17 January 2014

First finish for 2014

Well, I don't normally like to work on Christmas projects outside of the festive season (although sometimes I'll pick up a christmas project or two around mid-year for Christmas in July) but I didn't want to put away my 'Merry' bunting (designed by Rosalie Quinlan) without completing it… especially since I just needed to assemble it as I did actually finish the stitching in December. So after cutting out the flags and playing around with ric-rac off to the machine I went…


I used Lynette Anderson's 'Christmas fun' fabric range for both the binding and the backing. I think I might need to purchase more of this range - so cute!



Now my bunting is ready for hanging come Christmas 2014. I'm really happy to have my first finish for this year :)


So, according to the rules of my new years resolution, as I've completed a UFO (unfinished object) I can now start a new project, so I figure I'll keep it as a 'credit' for when I'm itching to start something new ;) I thought I'd keep a little stats box to keep me accountable...

Craft Stats 2014

Finishes (goal of 10)
1
‘New start’ credits
1
UFOs worked on since last new start*
2 – Merry bunting and ‘A Boys Story’
New starts in 2014
0

*in this case since the beginning of the year!

Are you keeping up your new year's resolutions still?
Until next time x

2 comments:

  1. Your bunting looks great. I bought the one on red but haven't started it. Am busy with kits and some secret sewing for the stitching days later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great :) I'm impressed with your resolve to work on your UFOs...perhaps I should consider something similar next year!

    ReplyDelete