Wednesday 30 October 2013

Couch companion

Can you believe it - I actually finished the stitching for the Leanne Beasley couch companion I blogged about earlier in the month!! Time to cut it out and choose fabrics...



I went with "Sonnet Collection" by April Cornell for Moda as my 'main' fabric, accompanied by a selection of William Morris fabrics. I had actually earmarked the fabric before starting this project, making sure that my cotton choices for the stitching matched :) Time to get to the machine...



I thought the pincushion part of the couch companion would be tricky to sew, but as you don't need to stuff it very much, it was easier than expected. The companion came together really quickly, with only the hand stitching of the binding slowing me down. At last another finish for 2013, another tick off the 'UFO' (unfinished objects) list!! What do you think?



The perfect companion for my new couch :)


Now onto other UFOs...

Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment