Saturday 26 October 2013

New adventures and a new seat

My life's journey has been more of a roller coaster ride over the last 12 months, taking some very life-changing turns. Of course there was the move to Bali, and then the pregnancy followed by welcoming my gorgeous little Sofia. Also, a few months ago I moved back to Australia - back to my hometown in Tasmania. Coming 'home' has been hard at times, but I'm also finding excitement in the new adventures ahead of me. Currently I'm settling into our new house, and having lots of fun making a house a home. 

The house has a great yard - someone has done a good job with the landscaping, and here's hoping I don't kill too many of the lovely plants with my not-so-green fingers. Alex has already been testing out the concreted area immediately as you step out the house, by riding his bike up and down the area. I'm also hoping to enjoy the backyard, so today my stitching got put to the side and I got busy creating something else... putting together a 'jack and jill' style seat. 


I had a keen little helper...



And after not too long, it was all set up!!


And the view from the seat...



Now that the weather is warming up and the wind calming down (the wind has been crazy of late), I'm looking forward to spending some time sitting outside, cup of coffee handy, doing some stitching while the kids (well, Alex for now - but Sofia will soon catch up!) play and enjoying the garden.

Until next time x

1 comment:

  1. Your new garden looks lovely and well done putting the seat together. You are a clever girl and what a special helper you have! Enjoy the new adventure.

    ReplyDelete