Monday 4 November 2013

Perseverance and restraint

Of late I've been practising some serious restraint - I've been itching to start a new project and even have the fabrics picked out, but am trying to persevere with some of my many unfinished items. While I really should be working on the stitcheries for Alex's quilt, it's been cross-stitch that's captured my attention recently.

As with my quilting, I have various cross-stitches on the go at once. One such project is 'Tempting Tango' by Vervaco... one that I'm really hoping to actually finish one day and hang on the wall! It shouldn't be too difficult - it has a pre-printed background (first cross-stitch I've worked on that has this) and no backstitch. Over the last couple of weeks I went from having the gents hat completed...


To having two faces :)


Hopefully I'll have upper bodes before too long!

And remember my Seaside Cottages? This has been plodding along also, and has gone from this...


to this... almost 2 houses complete!


I'm so lucky - both my little ones go to bed at a reasonable time, leaving me to a few hours of stitching before calling it a night. It's so great to have a bit of 'me' time. Here they both are having a play together this morning (Alex is convinced he can get Sofia to play with him and his cars soon - here he is trying to put one in her hand)!


Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment