Saturday 2 April 2016

Crazy busy yet stitching

Since returning from my week in Tasmania it's been all go... We attended another wedding, this time here in Canberra, in which my partner was the MC; we've had two family birthdays including celebrating my baby boy turning 5 at the beginning of the week!


Amazingly, amongst all this I've actually been managing to get some stitching in, including time on my sewing machine. I've been doing some hand stitching when I can, plus getting hand-work ready to take along on an overseas trip we've booked in for April - but I'll share more about all that in another post! Instead of just getting excited with new projects I've been forcing myself to keep working on Sofia's quilt, "Market Folk" by Natalie Lymer of Cinderberry Stitches.


It took me a better part of a day to get the fabric all cut and organised but that was enough to really get me inspired. I've pretty much just used fabrics from my existing stash, and have even managed to use a couple of left over pieces from Alex's "A Boy's Story" quilt!


It's been so much fun working with my machine again, and before I knew it I pretty much had a quilt top. Just the borders to go and then the actual quilting part begins.


Back to the same question I pondered with Alex's quilt: should I hand quilt of machine quilt this one? Hmmmm... Decisions, decisions. 

Until next time x 


No comments:

Post a Comment