Wednesday 6 March 2013

Did I mention I was inspired?

With all the blogs I've been reading in between voters, each work day I've been itching to get home and add a couple of stitches to fabric. But the cushion cover I mentioned in a previous post wasn't quite cutting it for me... not sure why. It's a lovely design by Sylvia Frazer, which I started late year using a bright turquoise on black, but it's just not what I felt like doing. So I finished a circle of chain stitch and put it to the side... again.

The ever-tempting idea of a new project was calling my name... how could I resist?! So I pulled out a pattern that my Mum passed me. My very talented mother does a lot of beautiful cross-stitching, and it was her that first taught me how to sew and stitch. Mum is coming to visit in May, and I would love to have this little stitchery done by then :) I just love the crispness of a newly traced stitchery awaiting colours and to be brought to life...


My original attempt at taking a photo was slightly obstructed by a small hand waving at mummy. He thought it was so funny that a few more attempts were required before I managed an Alex-less photo (above).


Such a cheeky boy!! Look at that grin...


Back to the project at hand... this elegant lady walking out of a hat shop has been the stitching I've been picking up of an evening. I'm rather happy with how it's coming along!


The days that I haven't been working I've been spending some time in my craft room working on 'A Boys Story' while Alex has his afternoon nap. My applique blocks have all the elements cut out and ready to be stitched, here is the kite block half appliqued, just the kite tags to go and then the stitchery to finish it off.


Hmm, that photo really brings out how badly I need to iron it - oops!

So it seems a little inspiration can make for a productive few days!!

Until next time xx

1 comment:

  1. There is a lot of stitching on the cushion, especially if you are working on black! Do what you enjoy most!Lovely to see your boy's quilt. I hope to make that one day but don't think I can manage 2 for the twins!

    ReplyDelete