Monday 18 March 2013

A completed project!!

Since our internet downtime I've been dying to share with you my first finished project (and hopefully not my last!!) for 2013 :) Very proud of myself.

You may recall in an earlier post I wrote about putting borders onto some red-stitch stitcheries which were to become a tablerunner. After those borders went on, the project was once again put to the side... calling out to me from the side of my sewing machine. Last week it's calls were answered and I finally added the prairie points and backing, then finish with simple quilting. What do you think of the finished product?


I quite like the prairie points, they really finish it off


The pattern suggests hand quilting: criss-crossing each square on the inner border. I started doing this but wasn't happy with how it was turning out. So back to the machine I went and just basically did a top-stitch job. I'm really happy with the result and I think it means the stitcheries are the hero rather than the quilting.

The same day, Tom arrived home with the post... in amongst which was a delivery for me!! I recently decided to order some of Anni Downs' new fabric range 'A Love of Gardening' for another unfinished project I have tucked away (well, no longer tucked away... I was inspired to pull it out again, but more on that later!). I ordered it directly from Anni's website/shop, Hatched and Patched and it only took about a week to arrive. I restricted myself to only five fabrics from the range... all so pretty!


Lots more stitching from this month to still to share with you, although I've recently started Indonesian language lessons so that might slow me down for a bit :S

Until next time xx


No comments:

Post a Comment