Friday 3 July 2015

On the move again

In just over a week I'll be moving back to Canberra! It's all happened very quickly.... A few weeks ago I was offered an exceptional job opportunity and as things started to fall into place I found myself making the decision to accept and move the kids and my life back to Australia's capital city. Both the kids have been accepted into a great childcare centre and Alex starts school next year anyway so the timing actually works quite well. We have temporary accommodation sorted and will start the search for a home once we get there, the ferry is booked and arrangements are in the process of being made for removalists. Now to think about packing... Hmmmm... Or maybe some quilting instead.


I've always been the queen of procrastination! Although as I'm yet to get boxes to be able to pack (and the option of using a packing service still hasn't been ruled out yet), there's not much I can really do in the way of packing anyway as yet. And with a few annual leave days up my sleeve, plus a project that really needs finishing, it just makes sense 😀

This quilt is one I'm actually yet to share with you. I started it about a year ago for my dad's birthday (he had a big one last August). I managed to finish the quilt top in time for his birthday and therefore "gave" it to him with the promise I would finish it off soon.... 

Well. Yes. Soon.... I seem to say that a lot. I pinned it altogether before Christmas but since then it's been sitting in my craft room waiting for me to find time to pull out my machine and start the actual quilting process. Suffice to say, between work, the kids, trips away, soccer, family time etc that time just hasn't manifested... So here we are. I figure if I manage to finish it within the next week it's one less thing to bring to Canberra! But we shall see how I go... So far it's been a bit slow going 😳

Until next time xx

1 comment: