Saturday 21 February 2015

A new project

With the warmer weather (and feeling tired after work) I've pretty much completely put aside the idea of doing any quilting... I think there was one cooler evening last week that Alex's quilt saw a couple of stitches but that's about it! Instead I thought I'd get started on a project for Sofia which will involve a fair bit of stitchery...


I've had Cinderberry Stitches' book Cotton Floss on my shelf for a few years now. It's got really cute designs, one of which I stitched for the daughter of a friend a couple of years ago. From the time I knew I was having a girl I had the idea of stitching the main quilt design...


Last weekend I managed to find some time to trace out the four main stitchery designs and iron on some fusable interfacing so that they're ready for needle and thread.


Today I managed to start the actual stitching when I finally got the chance of some downtime. Yes, I know - another new start but I promise Alex's quilt is still the priority! 

Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment