Wednesday 14 January 2015

A quick birthday gift...

Last night we headed off to the birthday party of an adorable 7 year old... a second-cousin of the kids who has recently relocated back to Tassie with her beautiful mum. I was trying to think of what we could gift to her, and I probably should have decided somewhat earlier than I did... but me being me sent off a text at 2.30 yesterday afternoon asking her mum what her favourite colour was. "Pink!" was the response, so I quickly got supplies out and starting stitching and sewing. I figured a simple little bag would be ideal for a little girl (what girl doesn't like bags?!), but again, me being me had to add a quick stitchery to the front as a pocket. 


The bag itself ended up being around 7" square. As I wasn't following a pattern I was just cutting fabric to the size that looked good! If I were to make something like this again I'd either do shorter handles, or just one longer handle. I didn't think I had time to fiddle around with a zipper but I'd consider adding one if I made something like this again, provided I give myself more time!


The stitchery on the front a little angel I traced from Anni Down's "My Angel Garden" table topper, a pattern I've had for a few years now but haven't had the chance to make. As with all of Anni's designs, I just love this little angel - I thought it was so cute and perfect for a little girl! I made this little stitchery in record time and then converted it into a little pocket for the front of the bag. 

She seemed a very happy little girl with all her presents, and the kids had a great time playing until well past their bed times!!

Until next time xx

1 comment: