Monday 15 December 2014

New books

While I was in Canberra I managed to visit a couple of my favourite quilting stores (and more than once!). Fabric was bought, as were a couple of small patterns, and I was even tempted by a couple of books...


Last year I made each of the kids a Melly&Me stuffed toy and her latest book 'Fun of the Fair' has been tempting me for some time. Picking it up, it quickly became apparent it was just too cute to put down!


The second book is by a Allison Harris from cluck cluck sew - an American patchwork designer whose blog I've been following for about a year now and whose modern and easy designs I've been increasingly falling in love with. In fact, the disappearing 9-patch quilt I made Alex earlier in the year was based on a tutorial from her site. I'm looking forward to giving a few of these patterns a go :)


Now that I'm back home and back with my beloved sewing machine I have a few Christmas projects I want to get stuck into... Plus I still need to get the tree up!!

Until next time x

1 comment:

  1. I've been eyeing off the Melly & Me book too!

    ReplyDelete