Wednesday 15 October 2014

Library bag

For the last couple of months Alex has been attending fan Early Learning Centre one day a week. The centre is connected to a nearby school, and it just happens that the day he goes is library day... the little class all get taken on the big adventure of heading to the school's library and selecting a book to borrow for the week. So naturally, I've been meaning to make him a special library bag... and finally, over the last couple of weeks I've had some time to get designing and sewing!

Alex chose the dinosaur fabric from my stash and I picked out some coordinating fabrics (can you believe, nothing new was purchased for this project!), then played around until I was happy with a design. 



I'm really happy with the result. I used Pellon wadding to strengthen it, and it's lined with a blue spot fabric and I hand stitched his name on it so that it (hopefully) won't get lost... at least not too quickly! Alex seemed pretty pleased with his new library bag and it was lovely to hear him telling anyone who would listen that mummy made it for him :)


Hmmm, lots of projects of late for Alex... may need to work on something girly soon!!

Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment