Monday 29 September 2014

Some time to sew...

Over the last few months while I've been working full-time my spare room has quickly become a dumping ground for all things miscellaneous. With my current contract coming to an end this week, I've decided to take a few months break before my next work engagement, and reclaiming this space as my craft room is high on the to-do list. However, yesterday I managed to get in and at least clear a pathway to my sewing machine... and oh, how it felt good to sew again!

I managed to get a few things worked on... a bit of progress on Alex's quilt as well a start to a library bag for Alex which I'm hoping to finish next weekend. And I'm happy to report I managed a finish!! 

All the way back in March I showed you the start of a cushion cover for the son of a good friend of mine, however with full-time work this along with all my other sewing projects was put to the side. Finally it's done, complete with his initial hand-stitched in the corner: 


 
I'm really happy with how it turned out (the main component is a disappearing 9-patch but other than that I just made it up as I went along)... and it was lovely to see him so excited when he received it today!

Until next time xx

1 comment:

  1. Such a clever use of disappearing nine patch :) The cushion looks great. x

    ReplyDelete