Thursday 20 February 2014

A stocking for Alex

I thought I'd share this beautifully stitched Christmas stocking my Mum made for Alex.


It's a Shepherd's Bush pattern ("Harry's stocking") stitched on aida Mum had in her stash, and therefore smaller than other completed Shepherd's Bush stocking I've seen. The stitching was all done in December, and on Christmas eve I cut it out and roughly sewed it together but it wasn't properly finished with the binding until a couple of weeks ago.



Mum has launched straight into sewing one for Sofia (using Shepherd's Bush "Sophie's stocking" pattern) rather than waiting until the last minute this year! I've also put in a request for one… :D

Until next time x

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely. Your Mum's so clever. The kids will treasure them as they grow older. x

    ReplyDelete