Wednesday 14 November 2012

In the groove

Well, nearly in the groove! Tom officially started work today really cementing the fact that we live here now - it's not just an extended holiday (ok, well maybe for me it is in a way!).

Earlier this week Alex also started at his new playgroup which he'll go to three mornings a week as a chance to interact with other children. And he has hit the ground running! He loves it there so much that it's hard to tear him away from the toys (particularly the cars and bikes) after his two and a bit hours are up. Plus it seems that I will be a good way for us to meet other families here in Bali - just this morning Alex and I went on a play date with another family from the centre.

It has been a really good couple of weeks spending time as a family. We've gone for a few longer drives, up into the hills or along the coastline (we had a lovely lunch one day near Nusa Dua further south from here - glorious!) but we've also spent some great quality time at home or wandering around where we live. Alex has been getting rather used to chilling out with his Daddya and a milkshake or fresh juice! Quite the Bali boy already :)

For those interested in my sewing and craft, I have been making the most of not needing to go to work and doing a bit of stitching (although really looking forward to my sewing machine and stash arriving!) and will probably share a pic or two of what I've been working soon.

Looking forward to seeing a good friend this weekend and into next week... the lovely Jen from my mothers group back home will be visiting with her little boy Rafael!

Now that Tom's started work, I should little excuse to keep my blog up to date on a more regular basis... so until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, more posts and pics of your stitching, please!

    ReplyDelete