Monday 2 September 2013

Beautiful and treasured gifts

Since Sofia's arrival we have received lots of lovely gifts from family and friends. I thought I'd take a moment to share some of the extra special gifts that have been handmade especially for Sofia.

My mum knitted a cute pair of socks. Before Sofia was born we were a little worried that they wouldn't fit as they seemed so small, especially around the ankle. As it turns out, they're still a little big!


A friend of mum's from craft group had knitted some goodies in 'prem' size - perfect for our tiny Sofia (despite her not actually being prem!).


My godmother has also been knitting up a storm, making some lovely cardigans that actually fit my little girl


Mum's friend Judy (who visited us in Bali earlier in the year) has knitted Sofia a lovely bright cardigan for when she's older. I love the fluffy wool she's used on the edging!


It was such a delight to receive a crocheted blanket from a close friend of mine in Canberra. I really like the colours she's picked as well as the design. I must confess that so far it's been used more by me, keeping my legs warm during cold middle-of-the-night feeds! It's snuggly and warm and I know it will be treasured for many years to come.


Another family friend of my mum's has also been knitting, sending Sofia a cute dress with matching cardigan and booties. I'm looking forward to Sofia being big enough to wear this outfit :)


This same friend of mum's also knitted up a gift for Alex. All up, Alex's gift comprised of a colouring book, home-made pencil roll (filled with pencils), a knitted hat and this cute aeroplane:


The plane has been a huge hit with Alex (who is 'vehicle' obsessed - if he's not playing with cars, it's either buses, bikes, trains or planes!). I couldn't keep him still enough to even get a decent photo! This one below is slightly less blurry than the others I tried...


Thank you so much to everyone for all their well-wishes following Sofia's birth, and to those close to us who have created such special gifts. They are much appreciated and will be forever treasured.

Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment