Friday 7 December 2012

A room with a view

Last weekend Tom took me shopping... for a large table that would be my craft table :)

Here in Bali we've come to discover that you can go to a hardware shop and not find much in the way of hardware, and conversely you can go to what seems like an ordinary home furniture shop and buy reception desks... shops continually suprise us. Anyway, we went to the furniture shop in the mall and bought a table that would suit my purposes. Ok, so it's technically a 'meeting table' for an office, but a table's a table right?! It's about 2.5meters by 1.5meters... perfect!!

On Monday it was delivered and on Tuesday the men came to assemble it (don't ask me why set up couldn't happen the same day as delivery). And then the fun of setting up my hobby room. What do you think?


In the corner that you can't see there's a single couch to sit and stitch, and on the other side of the room I have a rather large desk set up with my computer. My music stand is in the corner to encourage me to pick up my violin from time to time, and a bookshelf and Tom's desk fill the rest of the space. Plus room for Alex to play... did I say it's a rather large room!?

So with my room set up, time to use it...


Having finished the stitchery panels I showed off in my last blog, it was time to put the apron together. It was so great to have plenty of room around my sewing - anyone who has saw my sewing corner back in Canberra would remember how cramped I used to be!


All done...

My grandma has mentioned that aprons that tie around her neck agitate her spine, so I've made an alternation there, and contrast to the original pattern, I added the stitchery rather than appliqued pockets.  I love the final result and hope my grandma does to!

And did you see the view from my room?! For the photo, I hung the apron on the doors to the balcony off from my hobby room... 

Sorry to brag... less bragging next time I promise!

2 comments:

  1. It all looks fantastic - the room, the apron and the view! You'll have to make sure you make good use of your new set up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Grandma will love the apron. I know how much time that stitching takes! Gorgeous sewing room!

    ReplyDelete