Sunday 29 April 2018

So what's news?

So what have I been up to since we got back from the US? Well, we got back to Australia on 11 November, and were quickly thrown into all the end-of-year events. Before we knew it, we were on a plane again, this time with all four of our kids and bound for Brisbane to spend Christmas with Al's family.

Our (blended) family 




And now, I can't believe we're already past Easter and ANZAC Day, and about to start the second school term of the year. Sofia finished up at childcare last year and has started pre-school, and young Alex is now in Year 2, and turned 7 last month. The year is flying past, and the kids are growing quickly.


First day of school, 2018
Despite not doing a single stitch through our entire trip to the US, 2018 has seen me get my mojo back... so I have so much to share in this space. For Christmas I made my Mum a little zipper bag designed by Anni Downs, and I've made Sofia a library bag for school as well as starting work on a nap-mat for Sofia (similar to the one I made for Alex last year). Alex has asked when I'll make something else for him, but I'm just not sure what I can make... any suggestions?!

Anni Downs makeup bag
Sofia's library bag, my own design
And that's just scratching the surface... There's so much more stitching to share (including finished projects!) and I'm also keen to blog about my mountain bike adventures since returning from the US. There's just too much for one blog post!!

What have you been up to in the first quarter of 2018?

Until next time x


No comments:

Post a Comment