Friday 20 May 2016

Stitching on the plane

A couple of months before going to Spain I signed up to part of Cinderberry Stitches' Mermaiden Quilt Club. I've been wanting to do a block of the month for quite some time and this one was too cute to pass by. Block 1 about two weeks before our departure date so I quickly traced the stitchery ready for some plane stitching!


It's amazing how much you get done on a project when on a long haul flight! I nearly completed the mermaids of Block 1 on the way over to Spain, with the final stitches made on the way back to Australia. 


On the return flight I managed to finished the mermaid stitchery and then did more work on another project I recently started, the first block of Rosalie Quinlan's "Simply Blessed" quilt. I like to have a project on the go that only uses one colour and is therefore easy to grab and do when I have only small snippets of time. This project will be ongoing for quite some time I'm sure, but it's nice to have something different to work on at times and proved a great back up piece for the plane.


A day or two after getting back home, block 2 of Mermaiden tales arrived. Again, the stitchery was quickly traced and prepared ready for another plane ride.. A much shorter and quicker trip to collect the kids who stayed with grandparents in Tassie while I was away.


I managed to get a fair bit done on the return trip to Tasmania, which was good as I haven't had a chance to do much more since I've been back and routine has returned to normality.


Hoping to get the last bit of detail done in the next couple of days as the postman should be delivering Block 3 any day now!!

Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment