Wednesday 20 January 2016

Another one to cross off the UFO list

I had hoped to finish this one last year also but didn't quite manage it. But finally I can cross this one off my unfinished list:


I started this "Hope, Love and Friendship" stitchery by Rosalie Quinlan years ago... I've been trying to remember whether it was before or after Alex was born - yes, it's been on the go for that long!!


As it only used one colour thread, it was the project I'd take along to stitching groups or on a plane, or just pick up and do a few stitches while waiting for an appointment. I would usually only manage a few stitches and then it would get put away again, sometimes for months at a time.


I love the amount of detail that this pattern has... from the chain stitch required for the bow to the design treasures hidden within such like the little bird almost lost in the middle.


The question now is, what to do with the finished product!? I had a few ideas along the way but now that it's finally done I'm not really sure. Suggestions welcome!

Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment